|Weekly SEO news: 31 May 2011|
| Welcome to the latest issue of the Search Engine Facts newsletter.
Google's Matt Cutts gave many SEO related tips in a live chat that was hosted on YouTube. This week's article contains all important statements that were made by Matt Cutts in that chat.
Also in the news: Internet advertising reaches a new high, how Google chooses reviews for the results, Google is testing URLs above description snippets and more.
Table of contents:
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please pass this newsletter on to your friends.
|1. Official Google statements: how to optimize your site|
Google's Matt Cutts gave many SEO related tips in a live chat that was hosted on YouTube. This week's article contains all important statements that were made by Matt Cutts in that chat:
1. Google's Panda update will be available for more languages
2. Penalized websites can get their rankings back
3. Data from blocked sites is a ranking signal
4. Google's +1 button is going to be a ranking signal
5. Do not use the nofollow attribute for links to your own website
6. Use 301 redirects and the canonical tag to prevent duplicate content
7. The IP address of your website can influence its rankings
If you want to optimize your web pages for high rankings on Google, optimize them with the Top 10 Optimizer. Enter your keyword and your web page and the Top 10 Optimizer will tell you what to do.
|2. Search engine news and articles of the week|
|3. Success stories|
300,000 readers will read your success story!
|4. Previous articles|