|Weekly SEO news: 21 August 2007|
to the latest issue of the Search
Engine Facts newsletter.
This week, we're taking a look at the search engine market shares in Europe.
In the news: how competitors can remove your website from Google's index, US search engine stats, buying links doesn't seem to be a good idea and more.
Table of contents:
|1. Search engine market shares in Europe|
If you target international markets then it's important to know which search engines are used by European web surfers.
Google has a large market share in the US. Astonishingly, Google's market share seems to be even bigger in Europe. Here are the numbers from Germany, France and the UK:
Search engine market shares in Germany
With a market share of 88.5%, Google is the clear leader in Germany. Yahoo has 3.4%, followed by German ISP T-Online (2.2%), MSN (1.4%) and AOL (1.3%).
With 89.79%, Google's has an enormous market share in France. Yahoo follows with 3.14%. MSN gets 2.48%, local ISP's Orange and Free get 1.89% and 0.72%.
Google has a market share of 79.38% in the UK. Yahoo gets 7.72%. With 4.48%, Ask.com is the third biggest search engine in the UK. Microsoft's search engines MSN and Live get 3.75% and 1.53% (a total of 5.28% for Microsoft search engines).
Google is by far the most widely used search engine in these European countries. The stats show how important it is to optimize your website for Google.
To get high rankings on Google, you need good inbound links and optimized web page content. IBP helps you to get both. The latest IBP version works with all local Google versions, including Google.com, Google.co.uk, Google.de and Google.fr.
|2. Search engine news of the week|
|How a third party can remove your site from Google SERPs
|3. Articles of the week|
|Penalized by Google: Master New Media is out of Google search results
Ask.com on the upswing
Google wins the most hearts on the web
|4. Recommended resources|
"We cannot praise IBP highly enough."
We want to hear from you about your successes with IBP or ARELIS. Just write us 2-3 sentences and you might get featured in this newsletter along with your web site address.
|5. Previous articles|